Marias River Livestock Association is a local livestock organization with membership in Glacier, Toole, Pondera and Liberty County. MRLA is committed to voicing the concerns of local ranchers to legislatures who make law and agencies that create policy. Large organizations have strong voices, but by working with and through them, we can help to ensure good things for the future of livestock producers.
MRLA is committed to bringing our local community issues to the attention of those who can help create an agriculture friendly enviroment. working with other agricultural organizations to promote the livestock industry and to address not only national but local issues. Large organizations have strong voices, and by working with and through them, we can help to ensure good things for the future of livestock producers.
Marias River Livestock Association, Inc. strives to support the livestock industry and survival of its environment and lifestyle through:
1. Education of the public of the benefits of agricultural production and the problems facing livestock producers and those operating businesses linked with livestock production.
2. Promoting legislation that is favorable to persons engaged in agriculture.
3. Informing members of Marias Livestock Association of local, State and Federal issues that may affect their livestock operations in a timely manner.
4. Promoting interest in livestock production and agricultural business to the youth of our communities.
5. Promoting the values of individual liberty, limited government, and fiscal responsibility in local, state and national government.
6. Striving to respect the letter and the spirit of the Constitution of the United States of America to encourage that “No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.” (XIV Amendment of the United States Constitution.)